Jul 27, 2011

Blueberry Baby

E-Weekly tracked down Gwyneth Paltrow this past weekend to find out her favorite summer breakfast. Turns out she's crazy about blueberries, and eats them non.stop.
Here's what we found out:

Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins
Lunch: Blueberry Wrap
Dinner: Blueberry Chicken

Blueberry Chicken?!?!

OK OK, here's the real deal:
For Mother's Day this year Husband got me Gwyneth's new cookbook:
"My Father's Daughter"
And I feel like I know her now. Along with her mother Blythe.
She says she grew up on these little morsels,
so I decided then and there that baby girl would too... ;)

Blythe's Blueberry Muffins

Here's what you do in the words of Gwyneth:
"Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
Whisk the butter, eggs, and milk together in a bowl. In another bowl mix together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in the blueberries.
Divide among the muffin cups and sprinkle the muffins with the remaining tsp of sugar.
Bake until a toothpick tests clean and the muffins are golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Best to eat these warm."


I think mine turned out so blue because I only had frozen blueberries on hand, and they were really juicy! But seriously, these muffins were so delicious!
And that sprinkle of sugar on top was just what I needed...


...and baby girl too!
I think she's gonna like growing up on these!

Next week, we'll try that blueberry chicken... ;)

What're some of your favorite summer treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)