Aug 26, 2011

Sweet Nothings Has a Melody!! (And it's amazing!)

My jaw is still on the floor! The kids and I just got home from the fair, and as we walked in the door, the phone rang. It was Lissie calling to tell me she'd finished the song!! Yeah, the lyrics I sent her earlier this week (see Monday's post) now have music!! So amazing. I LOVE the changes she made, and I just think it's absolutely perfect. I still can't believe Husband and I have our very own love song!

So, anyway, I was going to Vlog about some random stuff, but I'm pretty sure you'd much rather listen to Lissie sing Sweet Nothings.



Sweet Nothings

From the first time I saw you laugh,
All I ever wanted, was to be with you.
I prayed you'd never let go when we held hands.
At just eighteen I would've said "I do".

But you knew, oh you knew,
We were still too young,
Needed solos sung.

So like the gift of the magi, you let me blossom and become,
You said "Goodbye".
You said "carpe diem."

And it's those sweet nothings that are really something
To make my cheeks blush and smile for you.
Oh those sweet nothings, they are really something
To make my thoughts run wild with love for you.
Oh if only you could hear all the the ways my heart thinks about you.

Somehow I knew we were meant to be
And you didn't tell me then, but I knew you loved me.
The sweet me, messy me, moonstruck me, crazy me, quiet me,
The dreamer in me, all of me.

And it's those sweet nothings that are really something,
To make my cheeks blush and smile for you.
Oh those sweet nothings, they are really something,
To make my thoughts run wild with love for you.
Oh if only you could hear all the ways my heart thinks about you.

Turns out you were right, we had some growing up to do.
And thank heavens I was right,
Four years later, I said yes to you.

Now here we are living our love song,
I'm not perfect, always leaving things ajar,
But instead of getting bugged,
You just tease that I'm your movie star.

The sweet you, goofy you, handsome you, clever you, loving you, the charming in you, all of you.

Oh your sweet nothings, they are really everything,
And if you only knew, oh if you only knew,
Your sweet nothings, they are really everything,
And if you only knew,
All the times my heart skips for you.

I love you, Lissie! Thank you so, so much. This song means the world to me.

XOXO,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)