Sep 13, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

Decorate!

I helped put together a baby shower for one of my friends yesterday and hosted it at my house!
Which meant I needed to decorate, at least a little. And if you know me, you know that I don't really decorate my house much. I keep it really simple (as in tape-things-to-the-wall kind of simple ;) which is how I like it :)

I also kept it very simple for this baby shower.

This was my list of what to buy for decorations:

1 bag of lemons.


And that's it!!

Actually, I bought the bag of lemons on a whim and figured I'd figure out what to do with them exactly.
My best friend (Pinterest) helped me decide what to do with them.

I lined them up on the mantel and underneath the cake dish:

But my favorite was making the candied lemons to put on the cheesecake!!

I got the candied lemons recipe from HERE.

Here are the directions from Real Simple:

In a small saucepan bring 
3/4 cups of water 
and
3/4 cups of sugar 
to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Add
1 thinly sliced lemon
and simmer until tender and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
Drain and let cool completely on a rack before placing on the cake.
Voila!

Super easy and super fun :)


So, if you want to keep it simple for a baby shower (and your friend's colors for her nursery happen to be yellow) buy a bag of lemons and you're all set!!!

What do you think? Would you try this?

Til next week!

Love, Lulu




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)