Feb 14, 2012

So in love

Happy Valentine's Day!!
This is one of my favorite holidays.
And this is what I'm surprising Steve with when he comes home in just a couple of hours:


Cinnamon rolls! 
(which were supposed to be heart-shaped, but when it came down to it, I decided it was more work than it was worth)
A card and a picture of us from our wedding. I got the idea from here but instead of writing the lyrics of the first song we danced to, I decided to write the lyrics of the song that I wrote Steve and then performed for him at our reception.
Have I ever mentioned on here that I wrote him a song for our wedding?! Well, I did and it was cute and completely embarrassing all rolled into one. I don't have a performing voice so I'm sure some people were wondering what I was doing up there singing it. 
But the lyrics I wrote from my heart, so really, whenever I re-read the lyrics or sing the song in my head, I get chills because I remember how perfect our wedding was and how much fun it was to fall in love with Steve :)

So, here are the lyrics to the best love poem I have ever written:

"So in love"
by Lauren Allred, music by Christian Allred

I lay my head down
and shut these tired eyes
Rewind, let's hear it again
You say I'm too pretty for this
You say I'm too pretty for that

And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love

My thoughts go back once again
a silly love song stuck in my head
I know I took my sweet time
good-bye babe, thank you for the ride
as he pulls me back in
and plants one right on my..chin!!

And suddenly
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love

I'll happily hold you while I focus on forever
and I will love you even longer than that
I'll happily hold you while I focus on forever
Forever
and I'll love you even longer, I'll love you even longer than that

And then I roll over again
Once more, in my head
blue eyes, so intently
at me, looking so kind
there you are on one knee
asking me
will you forever be mine?

And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly
here we are, here are
here we are so far

Will you forever be mine?

I love you Steve! Happy Valentine's Day!! :)


love, Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)