Pages

Aug 22, 2011

A Love Song called "Sweet Nothings"

Hey girls!

Ever since Lissie and I wrote the song Pixie Dust together, I've been itching to write some more lyrics! It's so cool to send her my words and have her tweak them and write the music, and then sing it with that angelic voice of hers! So, this past week I worked on a love song about my husband and me. :) Seriously, Lissie, change anything! I can't wait to hear what you come up with!




Sweet Nothings

From the first time I saw you laugh,
All I ever wanted was to be with you.
When we held hands, I prayed you'd never let go;
At just eighteen, I would've said, "I do."

But you knew, oh, you knew.
We were still too young--
We needed to fly alone
Had solos that needed sung

And so like the gift of the maji
You let me blossom and become.
You said, "Goodbye, I hope someday..."
You said, "Carpe diem."

And it's those sweet nothings
That are really something to make my thoughts
Run wild with love for you.
If only you could hear all the ways I think about you.

Somehow I knew we were meant to be.
And you didn't tell me then,
But I knew you loved me:
The crazy me, the quiet me, the dreamer in me.

Yeah, somewhere I knew you loved me.
The sweet me, messy me, moonstruck me.
All of me.
That's why you said goodbye.

And it's those sweet nothings
That are really something to make my thoughts
Run wild with love for you.
If only you could hear all the ways I think about you.

Turns out you were right;
We had some growing to do.
And thank heavens I was right
Four years later, I said yes to you.

Now here we are, living our love song
I'm not perfect, always leaving things ajar
But instead of get annoyed
You just tease that I'm your movie star.

A kiss before you twirl me
And then you spin me into you
Though you normally don't dance
You know I love to.

Oh, your sweet nothings
They mean everything
And if you only knew
All the times my heart skips for you.

XOXO,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)