Pages

Aug 15, 2011

A Tea Party

Hey there!

My firstborn little angel turned six on Saturday! (Emma called Isabella her "first-born niece" the other day, and I thought it was so funny. :))


So, we sent out invitations on little doilies that said:

"Wear your fanciest dress and your mother's pearls;
We're having a tea party just for the girls!"

There was many an "oooh" and "aaah" as the girls arrived. Everyone looked so gorgeous!

We started the party off with some hat decorating.


Next, we played London Bridge is Falling Down while we waited for everyone to finish their hats. I was surprised how much they loved that!



I had so much fun pinning a tea party board on Pinterest for inspiration. There were oh- so-many cute decorating ideas out there and it was fun to implement some of them. I loved watching the girls walk single file out into our backyard. Despite their excitement, they were so graceful! It was adorable.



Every single day for a week, Isabella reminded her Daddy to bring home pink and red roses from his flower shops. That he did! It was the perfect touch.

And I finally tried out making these Martha Stewart Tissue Poms (so easy!):

At Isabella's request, there was cheesecake (Costco) with pink Oreos sprinkled atop:

Lovely gifts from sweet girls:

And petal throwing to top it all off!

It was a tea party for the storybooks, and I couldn't have done it without some of my own awesome friends lending me things (Jill, Erin, Court, Pat--thank you!), and I really couldn't have done it without my mother in law and her sister, Aunt Muriel. And last but not least, a big thanks to my husband for staying up late and waking up early to help me (love), and to Isabella for dreaming up so many of the details. I adore that girl.

Now, sometime I'll have to post about playing hostess! I stink at it! But six little birthday parties in, I think I'm getting a little better. :)

XOXO,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)