Pages

Aug 8, 2011

Mow, Baby, Mow!

I know I'm not the only one. Am I the only one? You’ve never mowed a lawn in your life either, right?



I’m happy to report that Husband and I went on a kid-free date this last Friday night. Thanks to my fabulous neighbor who started up a little babysitting co-op between four families, we will get to go on a date three Friday nights of the month! (One Friday night a month we get to watch twelve kids!) Brilliant, eh?

So, thank you for all of your comments and suggestions on “It’s Date Night!” They really motivated me to do something about not taking our kids with us on dates, and I feel armed with lovey dovey ideas now. ☺

In one of the comments, I had someone suggest that we teach each other something, and that got me thinking about our lawn. It’s struggling. I water it almost every day, and yet it still doesn’t grow much. Husband fertilizes it. I talk to it and look upon it with care and concern daily; that’s gotta count for something!

But we don’t mow it too often; or I should say, Husband doesn’t mow it too often (sorry, I had to tell them, Babe). I figure it’s kind of like getting your haircut regularly; it helps it grow faster and healthier. I think?

Since it was my turn to plan our date, Friday night seemed like the perfect time to have him teach me. I figured it'd be just like the movies when boy romantically puts his arms next to girl's arms and teaches her how to shoot an arrow, cheek to cheek. So, after a yummy dinner out, I had Husband drive me home so he could show me how to mow our lawn. Yes, he did a double take when I told him my plan in the car.
You wanna what?

Turns out it was amazingly fun, and I plan on mowing my heart out weekly.

And the funniest thing is, while I was out mowing, my neighbors who are also in the babysitting co-op, drove by pointing fingers and laughing at me!

Turns out she’s a rookie mower, too. Just a few days earlier that week, she’d had her husband teach her how to mow. You probably had to be there, but it was pretty funny!

Now I
know I’m not the only one!

XOXO,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)