Pages

Jun 4, 2012

Doggie Pile


Because today has been on the tougher side, I was especially happy to see Hubs walk through the door this evening. I think the first words out of my mouth were, "I'm exhausted!" Juliette had climbed over bins and boxes and bags to get to the farthest corner of our ridiculously large coat closet to meet up with Liam and Isabella, who were probably hiding from "dinner time." Just as Hubs walked in the door, I was trying to wrestle her flailing body out of there without hurting her because she broke her elbow on Saturday night. She was not a happy camper about having to get out, but our coat closet is a booby trap for babies with broken bones-- plus it was time to eat! Not fun.

Anyway, the poor thing spent the morning laying on the couch, not at all herself, but when she woke up from her second nap this afternoon, she must have felt like a new woman because I could not keep up. She wanted to chase her siblings, walk up and down the stairs, stand on the couch, and generally just put me in a constant panic that she was going to fall on her broken arm. She isn't in her cast yet, so you can call this normally jumpy mama, JUMPY MAMA.

So, yeah. I'm always happy when Hubs comes home, but today I was especially. I know he has long days at work, but he always seems to have energy for us when he gets home, and instantly goes into full daddy/husband mode the second he walks in the door.  I love him for that.

And boy are we all looking forward to when I can sit back and enjoy watching Juliette doggie pile with the rest of them again.

XOXO, Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make us happy :)